Back to NCPC 2020
The NCPC registration uses the official ICPC registration system. To register a team follow this registration guide. All teams should register through the ICPC system, even those that are not ICPC eligible.
Either the team must have a Coach (i.e. somebody that is not competing, typically a faculty member), or one of the team members has to be a Student Coach. It is the [Student] Coach that registers the team.
Step 1 (create an ICPC-account if you don't have one):
The [Student] Coach needs to have an ICPC-account. If you have participated before you most likely already have an ICPC-account, otherwise you need to create one.
To create an ICPC-account:
- Click on the "Sign up"-button on the main ICPC-page.
- Fill in all the required fields. Your email address will be your unique username.
- In the Institution field just start typing the name of your university. You will get suggestion for universities that match. Click on your university.
Step 2 (log in):
If you just created an account in step 1 above you will already be logged in, otherwise:
- Click here. (Or click on the "Login"-link on the main ICPC-page).
- Fill in your email and password and click "Sign in".
Step 3 (register your team):
Go to the NCPC 2020 site:
- Click the "Register"-button.
- Choose the site you want to participate from (your University)
- Create your team:
- If you are a Student Coach check the "I also want to participate as contestant" box, and remove the first team in the list of teams to register.
- Your university should already be filled in.
- If you are a student coach, don't fill in yourself as the another team member (otherwise the system will complain you are in the team twice)
- Fill in your team name (this can be changed later)
- Add team members
- For each member in your team:
- In the team member field write the email address of the team member
- If the page does not give you your team member as a suggestion you can also register the team member directly.
- Finally do the actual registration:
- Click the "Register Team"-button.
- Click "OK" in the confirmation dialog.
- But wait! There is more! Enter whether the team is ICPC-eligible or not:
- Click "Contest-Specific Fields" in the middle tab
- Enter "YES" or "NO" in the ICPC-eligible field
- Click the "Update Contest-Specific Fields"-button